Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Jesus Rescues Me

Going thru so many changes...whats the news for today...somebodys hurt somebodys aching...somebodys trying to find their way...a heavy heart can break your will...a troubled soul leaves time standing still...so if your hurting please don't hide...lift up your head I'm on your side...When every mountain seemed to high....when every river looked to wide....when my dreams were lost at sea....Jesus rescued me...my faith was strong and carried me...tho sometimes weak I still believed...my life is built on his desire...thru the flood and thru the fire...Jesus rescued me! Now your looking for an answer...searching for some hope to hold...those empty hands leave you waiting...praying for a miracle...Jesus hears your every cry...he sees the walls that you can't climb...he will heal your hurting soul...and lead you safetly to his home.

3 comments:

  1. I came across your site while looking up the lyrics to "Jesus Rescues Me". I absolutely LOVE your phrases "The Up Side of Downs" & "My son sports designer genes". Those are just wonderful sentiments. I am leaving your page on my screen so when my 13 yr old wakes up, I can show it to him. He & friends will sometimes use the term "retarded" when speaking of things & it's like nails on a board to me. I was fortunate as a kid (mid-60s) to be in the only elementary school in our town that had a Special Ed classroom. I learned at a very early age not only what the lives of those with disabilities were like, but also from a mom's standpoint (the "teacher" was the mother of one of the students - an older down syndrom boy). To this day, I have no idea if she was ever really a teacher or just a mom willing to take on a classroom of kids that no one else would spend time with. Her son, Joey, was a remarkable boy. I believe he was probably about 18 when I moved onto Jr High. I spent many hours helping in the room. I try to explain to my son & his friends how the word "retarded" effects families with disabled members - even if they may not be referring to a person with that word.... but just the word alone is offensive & heartbreaking. So, I will keep your page open & go thru it with my son today. God is always at work, putting what we need in our lives in His perfect timing. God bless your family. Your son is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment, I really sppreciated it!!! I hope my page helped your son to understand children with special needs better, I know it is so hard for children to understand sometimes! I do appreciate you taking the time to set down and explain things to him, if every parent would do that what a difference it would make!
      God bless you'll!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this song. I've had it stuck in my head for a while.

    ReplyDelete

I didn't know I wanted a child with Down Syndrome until God gave me you.....Thank You God!!