Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support, we could feel them. Thanks for all the text message's from all the family and friends from all across the country.  Thanks to the friends that gathered with me tonight to pray in the Court House, I felt strength. Thanks to everyone that came and supported us in the Court Room, the turnout was overwhelming. I know the hard benches along with the stress and long hours were not easy, but you'll stayed with us till the end tonight. Although Mike and Jerry will possibly never read this, incase you do, thank you.....the hugs were genuine, you fought hard for us the last two days......Thank You.

Tonight's sorrow ran a very close race with the night of Perry's murder, I felt like he was murdered all over again. The jury started deliberating at 2:56 pm and came back with the verdict at 9:00 pm. The second deliberation lasted only a few minutes and it was over by 10:00.  We got home between 10:30 and 11:00 tonight . I told Dathan the life I have been able to create and feel safe in has been all turned upside down once again. Mr. Jones (Perry's murderer) will go free in a matter of days. The jury found Jones guilty of Reckless Homicide which carries a one to five year sentence. Mr. Jones has already served that time of which he will get credit for. The final sentencing is March the 20th, 2014, and he most likely will go free that day. I feel like I have 8 days left to feel safe, we lived with the fear of this man for 2 1/2 years......we were afraid he would kill us. On March the 3rd, 2008 he shot Perry in the driveway of OUR home in cold blooded pre-meditated murder. Perry is gone forever, Mr. Jones will go free and be free to commit murder once again. Perry and I lived "watching our backs". Perry never harmed the man neither did I, nor was we poisoning him. He took the life of a man that was 30 years old, he will never get to see his son grow up. I could never describe to anyone the horrible events of the day today, the sorrow, grief, heartache and fear we feel cannot be described. Please remember Perry's Mom, Dad, Brothers and their families, they are suffering deeply tonight as well.

I have learned in times like these just how much our faith can be tested, not that I don't trust in God because I do, it is just so hard to surrender to Him in these trying times. God has gave me promise after promise through this, many promises came through one person that knew nothing about what was going on, over and over I received promises on the very day it was needed so bad, therefore I know God has me in the palm of his hand, I've just got to surrender to that fully and trust in him for my peace and safety.

Thanks to everyone again. Thank you Dathan for being such a huge supporter to me, you are a special gift from God to Tanner and I. He knew how bad we needed you, we love you.

I am going to include some pictures in memory of Perry, at least a couple of these pictures were presented to the jury today.



This picture was presented to the jury today, this picture was taken about 4 months before he passed

Presented to the Jury, taken in September 2007



6 comments:

  1. This is definitely not the outcome I had prayed for, but I will continue to pray...even though it's so hard to understand what a twisted world we live in! Where a murderer can actually go free in 5 years; one who is so threatening and knows if he got by with it once, he'll get by again!
    I remember seeing these pictures, because we all fell in Love with Tanner, and I enjoyed following all of your happy family photos...guess then it was on Ringo or Bebo (or something)! And I very well remember when it all fell apart!
    "I don't understand the reason for this trial, this heavy burden, this dark valley I walk thru...I can't comprehend right now what God is doing...all I know is I can't make it Lord, without you!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. And yes the outcome was shocking, but I know it did'nt take God by surprise. If it would have been a dog killed the jury would have given the man 20+ years most likely, (matter of speach) that's how twisted it is. Tanner does'nt understand what is going on fully, but he is affected by it....that hurts me so bad. Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  2. CHERA ,I have been praying for a good outcome I don't understand how a JURY can just let a murderer walk ,but they did the same with me pretty much the guy who set all of ours up RECIEVED 20 YEARS one guy RECIEVED life without parole ,the little guy got 30 years . my whole life has changed 7 surgeries one more to ,my husband gone like yours ,there is something so wrong here WE JUST HAVE TO REMEMBER THE LORD WILL TAKE CARE OF US AND THERE WILL BE A JUDGEMENT DAY FOR THOSE GUYS!!!! YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS GIVE TANNER A BIG HUG FOR ME !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Sharon. I will never forget the morning I pulled up at School and Ms. Cynthia told me what happened to you'll. I know you have been through so much. Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  3. Chera, I am so sorry. I hate this for you and the Warren family. Like you said" God is faithful". Even when we can't understand, His ways are far the above our ways. I am sorry for your pain. You have such a great attitude in spite of the pain. God will honor that and help you, Love you and the warren family. Have for many years. God will see you through. My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy. Yes God is faithful, I am not dissapointed in him. Love you, thanks for the prayers

      Delete

I didn't know I wanted a child with Down Syndrome until God gave me you.....Thank You God!!